High-Efficiency One-Cell-One-Bead Encapsulation In Droplets
Tech ID: 28769 / UC Case 2017-803-0
A high-efficiency single-cell droplet encapsulation method to improve single cell pharmacological assay throughput.
- Cell and bead droplet encapsulation is common technique used in heterogeneous single cell pharmacology assays probing genomics, and proteomics.
- Current solutions for one bead-one cell encapsulation are based on random encapsulation dictated by Poisson statistics.
- Low (0.1%) efficiency of one bead-one cell droplet encapsulation limits droplet sequencing and heterogeneous assays throughput
- Increased one bead-one cell encapsulation efficiency (> 300 times current techniques) utilizing a controllable hydrodynamic vortices microfluidic platform
- Increased throughput of genome-wide expression profiles for individuals cells
- High efficiency one-bead-one cell encapsulation for droplet based heterogeneous single cell assays
- Improved cell-bead encapsulation throughput for droplet sequencing applications of single cell genomics and proteomics
- Improving the encapsulation efficiency of droplet containing a single cell and a single bead compared to encapsulation of either component individually.