Fabrication of Optoelectronic Devices with Embedded Void-Gap Structures
Tech ID: 21958 / UC Case 2012-082-0
A variety of techniques to improve the performance of LEDs and laser diodes by embedding photonic crystals or voids into the optoelectronic devices.
A variety of techniques to improve the performance of LEDs and laser diodes by embedding voids into the optoelectronic device structures.
Researchers at the University of California, Santa Barbara have developed a variety of techniques to improve the performance of LEDs and laser diodes by embedding photonic crystals or voids into the optoelectronic devices. The patterns of the structured layers can be random or periodic and arranged in one, two or three dimensions and are ready for final contacting without the need for further growth.
- Fabrication is relatively easy
- The resulting structures do not require further growth
- Improved device performance
- Fabrication of LEDs and Laser Diodes
This technology is available for licensing.
- Jewell, Jason
- Simeonov, Dobri
- Speck, James S.
- Weisbuch, Claude C.
ADDITIONAL TECHNOLOGIES BY THESE INVENTORS
- Self-Assembled Nano-Cluster And Quantum Dot Lattices
- Reduced Dislocation Density of Non-Polar GaN Grown by Hydride Vapor Phase Epitaxy
- Growth of Planar, Non-Polar, A-Plane GaN by Hydride Vapor Phase Epitaxy
- Improved Manufacturing of Semiconductor Lasers
- High Efficiency LED With Emitters Within Structured Materials
- Cleaved Facet Edge-Emitting Laser Diodes Grown on Semipolar GaN
- Etching Technique for the Fabrication of Thin (Al, In, Ga)N Layers
- Nitride-Based LED with Optimized Efficiency
- Selective Dry Etching of N-Face (Al, In, Ga)N Heterostructures
- High-Efficiency, White, Single, or Multi-Color LED by Photon Recycling
- Method for Producing GaN Substrates for Electronic and Optoelectronic Devices
- Growth of High-Quality, Thick, Non-Polar M-Plane GaN Films
- Growth of Planar Semi-Polar Gallium Nitride
- Photonic Structures for Efficient Light Extraction and Conversion in Multi-Color LEDs
- Defect Reduction of Non-Polar and Semi-Polar III-Nitrides
- MOCVD Growth of Planar Non-Polar M-Plane Gallium Nitride
- Lateral Growth Method for Defect Reduction of Semipolar Nitride Films
- Semipolar III-Nitride Laser Diodes with Etched Mirrors
- Improved Manufacturing of Solid State Lasers via Patterning of Photonic Crystals
- Low Carrier Loss Device Structure for High Performance Green LEDs
- High Efficiency Group-III Nitride/Non-Group-III Nitride Tandem Solar Cells
- Single or Multi-Color High Efficiency LED by Growth Over a Patterned Substrate
- High Efficiency LED with Optimized Photonic Crystal Extractor
- High Efficiency and High Brightness LEDs for Various Lighting Applications
- Two dimensionally relaxed III-N buffer layers for LEDs
- Novel Layer Structure for Semipolar InGaN/GaN LEDs and Laser Diodes
- Improved LED Performance via Optimized Polarization Properties
PEOPLE WHO VIEWED THIS ALSO VIEWED THESE TECHNOLOGIES BY OTHER INVENTORS
- Growth of Polyhedron-Shaped Gallium Nitride Bulk Crystals
- Long Wavelength Nonpolar and Semipolar Nitride-Based Laser Diodes
- Use of Flux Method to Grow Seed Crystals for Ammonothermal Growth of Group-III Nitride Crystal Crystal Growth
- Method for Growing High-Quality Group III-Nitride Crystals
- Fabrication Of High Quality P-Type GaN and Alloys by Preventing Hydrogen Incorporation